sexta-feira, 28 de outubro de 2011

Second one from Europe

Today my Lasius flavus arrived from England. It was posted on the 6th October, today is the 28th. She is alive an well, but it was a fluke because the test tube she arrived in is completely smashed in the middle. The bubble wrap is keeping it together. She has around 5 workers with her but they are so tiny I could not take better pictures right now. This is the test tube she arrived in (not much to see, really, as it still has bubble wrap all around):



She seems to be unhurt and the workers are fine, moving about and grooming themselves now and then. She is moving as well and grooming herself quite often. When I get home I will transfer her to the sand nest I have for her and will try to take some pictures. I don't want to open the bubble wrap right now as I am at work and the tube will definitely come apart. I hope she is not too stressed, she is very small but looks really nice :)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário