sexta-feira, 28 de outubro de 2011

Camponotus rufipes

I was in my mother's garden doing some gardening (!) for her and I kicked a piece of rotting branch which was still attached to one of the shrubs and noticed straight away something big scurrying in the grass. I went to look and saw it was a young queen (the very first queen I found in the wild by myself).




It had its wings off already, but I could not find any brood in the wood or on the floor. If there was any, It's gone. No workers either.

I put her in a small plastic pot and tried to feed her some insects, but she has not eaten anything so far.



I am leaving her alone for now and checking on her once a day. I hope she has been fertilized, but she has not layed any eggs so far either. She has water and a honey drop with her.


Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário