sexta-feira, 28 de outubro de 2011

New eggs

My Pachycondyla has been having a lot of protein lately (insects) and has two eggs. She had another one but it vanished (I think she might have eaten it, but I'm not sure. They are so small and difficult to see that maybe she had stored it somewhere and I hadn't noticed). Anyway, yesteday I was looking at her feeding and noticed she was carrying something which looked like an egg between her mandibles. When I looked closer I was pretty happy to see not one but two :)

She is storing them in one of the chamber in her plaster nest. They are very small, but I believe you will be able to see them in the pictures.








They are the dirty yellow things, on the first pictures they are bundled together and on the last ones they are separate, close to each other.

Um comentário:

  1. The final result of the ant farm was very interesting, Marcelo. I'll do a small one, digging into the plaster as well. ;^)

    ResponderExcluir